1. Shipping Address and Number of Bottles Per Entry
Please send your wine samples (2 bottles per entry) to the warehouse address mentioned on the submission label before 2nd March 2023. Follow these steps to pull your submission labels: Log in to your account > My Submission Labels > Click on Print Icon & save.
The warehouse address will be made visible on the submission labels in your account once the warehouse opens.
Key dates to remember:
Warehouse Opening Date - 1st October'2022
Warehouse Closing Date - 2nd March'2023
Goods receiving time: Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
Wines that arrive after the deadline date will not be accepted and refunds will not be issued.
Make sure to share the tracking details including the Tracking number & courier company name to Puja@londonwinecompetition.com once you ship your samples to the warehouse address, to ensure the shipment delivery.
2. Labeling and Documents
- Please note that your reference number is on the submission label, and it is very important for the LWC team to see your submission label on your box and one copy inside your box. Clearly label your sample box using the submission label when you are shipping samples to our warehouse. Samples will not be accepted by the warehouse team without the submission labels on them.
- All duty, shipping costs, and taxes must be prepaid by the submitter of the samples. Wines must be Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), therefore instruction to complete the import declaration should be given to your forwarder/courier company, please choose ‘shipper accept all charges on the documentation provided by your courier company. Submitters should also be responsible for any fees related to the import declaration. Wines cannot be accepted by our logistic partner if the charges associated with shipping have not been paid. Any penalty and additional cost incurred from the non-compliance of declaration requirements in the UK will be borne by the Submitters.
- Proforma Invoice: Your wine sample box must be accompanied by a proforma invoice (One copy on the top of the box and one copy inside the box) for the purpose of paying UK VAT. Participants who will be shipping samples from outside the UK must provide a proforma invoice. The same is not required for shipments within the UK. London Wine Competition is not responsible for tracking the shipping of your wines, please ensure everything is in order before sending your Wine.
3. Do I Need To Insure My Wine?
LWC and its logistics partner will not take responsibility for wine damaged or lost whilst in transit. In the event that for reasons beyond the reasonable control of LWC, it is necessary or advisable for the LWC to be canceled, LWC cannot accept any liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss of profit, damage, or expense of any kind incurred as the result of such cancellation.
4. What if I miss the Shipping Deadlines?
Your registration will not be considered for judging and no scores will reflect in your account. No Refund will be initiated in any circumstances of missing the shipping deadline. Delays caused by couriers and customs will not be accounted for, so please ship in advance.
In case of any queries, please contact: Puja@londonwinecompetition.com